Thursday, December 13, 2012

finals suck.

I took this photo like a week ago. Can we all agree I look happy? Because I was. And now? I'm a bitter mess that needs makeup. And a massage. And Excedrin. Moral of the story: finals SUCK.

Finals week is the one week of the semester when you cram in all the learning and studying and practicing and researching that you shoulda been doing all semester. But here's the thing:

I pretty much do that all semester!

I'm good at staying on top of my grades. I practically live at the library. My feet have an intimate relationship with the pathways to the library. And you think I'm kidding. I'm kinda Hermione.

And then finals week comes and... I don't even know. But it sucks.

Everyone hates it because they have to learn and actually go to class yada, yada, yadahhh. I hate it because I find out that I didn't actually learn a single bloody thing the whole semester!!

I study and study and study and then get to the test and discover a foreign language! Without a key! (This was the actual case with my 7am Spanish final this morning--and yes. The ungodly hour of 7am. Whyyy?) Would it kill a professor to actually tell you what stuff (stuff can be vague) to study??

Now. The topic of showers.

I have heard farrrr too many people saying "oh, I haven't showered since Monday," or "they're picking me up in half an hour to go home for the holidays and I haven't showered since Monday."

MONDAY.

Do you hear yourselves, people? I am calling you to action! Bathe! Shower! Rinse! Repeat! You need to. The testing center has enough bodies in it to stink it up without you not even showering! Children. Please, for the sake of humanity, take a freaking shower.

Oh. You don't have time. I see.

NO. Get off Facebook or instagram or whatever and take a shower. Five minutes of your time to go clean yourself. That's all I'm asking for (and world peace (which coincidentally begins with eliminating finals forever) but that's currently irrelevant).

And last. I study all semester in the library. Which means I have my seat and when you come to the library for the one whole week you ever come, you have neither the right to sit there nor the privilege to argue about this. It's my seat. It's where I sit. Get out. (And yes, this is very similar to the neurotic Sheldon. But also very true.)

So. Don't sit in my seat. Do shower. Do take nose plugs to the testing center with you.

May the finals be ever in your favor.

xxx. kj.


No comments:

Post a Comment